SilkCentral 12 now available
MicroFocus are pleased to announce the general availability of SilkCentral 12, their award winning test management solution. This new release focused on usability to increase user adoption and to drive testing efficiency.
The mission of SilkCentral is to control and manage software testing with an open and collaborative approach to test management. MicroFocus decided the way to achieve that mission is to increase user adoption by harnessing the power of SilkCentral’s technology within an easy to use interface that includes dashboards, graphs, and the ability to accomplish a task without redundant steps.
Prior to this release, SilkCentral excelled at unifying a variety of testing assets into a single source of truth so that customers have real time visibility into the status and results of tests. After meeting with key customers and analyzing the competitors, it became obvious that the user experience needed to change to truly unlock the power of SilkCentral.
SilkCentral 12 addresses these challenges and puts us in a position to attack our competitors with a simplified approach to test management.
Key Features & Benefits
- New Dashboard: The dashboard is the new entry point that users of SilkCentral will see first. It is customizable and is meant to give users all the information they need at a single glance. Prior to this release, getting this information was more involved and sometimes hindered user adoption.
- Why this matters to customers: Clear and concise reporting providing direct visibility cross project are key to organisations. The new Dashboard homepage focuses users on status and activities to be performed whilst simplifying execution of manual tests. Dashboard is customizable to needs of organisation allowing them to communicate direct with teams through control of messaging and links on custom panels.
- Manual Execution Planning: The new manual execution planning feature assists in selecting, distributing, and executing manual tests. The unique part about this? SilkCentral will guide customers into how best to prioritize workload to achieve their quality goals.
- Why this matters to customers: Tracking tests is a commodity that our competitors are focusing on. SilkCentral is elevating the value proposition by giving analysis and guidance to not only drive tests, but to make those tests, and the people that accomplish the tests, better and more productive.
- Improved Usability: Customers and prospects will immediately benefit from the productivity improvements driven from our usability changes which include the ability to copy and re-use filters, comment and collaborate on execution plan runs, quickly delete result files and a variety of other “one click” tasks.
- Why this matters to customers: All the technology in the world is wasted if customers refuse to use a product. These enhancements are driven from working with our key customers during the EAP process and along with the new dashboard will make SilkCentral demo much better than before.
You can read more about SilkCentral here.