A Complete Software Change & Configuration Management (SCCM) Tool
Borland® StarTeam® is a fully integrated, cost-effective software change and configuration
management tool, designed for both centralized and geographically distributed software development
environments. With significant emphasis placed on customer driven needs, Borland StarTeam 2009 is the
latest and most significant release of StarTeam available.
A robust platform for coordinating and managing the entire software delivery process, Borland StarTeam promotes team communication and collaboration through centralized control of project activities and digital assets. It provides integrated requirements management, change and configuration management, project and task management, defect tracking, file versioning and threaded discussions. Customizable workflows with dynamic forms for key development tasks further unify teams within a centralized environment. While ease of use and deployment, combined with and effective distributed architecture, significantly reduce total cost of ownership.
Software Change and Configuration Management Capabilities
Borland StarTeam offers a complete range of software change and configuration management capabilities in one
integrated platform that supports development teams of all sizes.
- Open application lifecycle management (Open ALM): Customizable workflows, broad operating system support, artifact cross linking across different Borland StarTeam services and integration with Borland and other leading application lifecycle management tools help you streamline the entire software delivery process.
- Comprehensive change package support: A single commit of multiple changes between code branches simplifies change promotion consistent and repeatable merge results.
- Ease of deployment: A brand new and rapidly deployed web client makes it easy for non-technical project stakeholders to browse and edit repository content while participating in project workflows or download file revisions they require.
- Tight security: Borland StarTeam encrypts all client-server communications; and its centralized repository ensures that all digital assets are securely stored, with access and modifications controlled by administrator-defined rules.
- High availability and performance: Caching agents allow you to create a highly distributed environment with a centralized server, yet still provide near network performance for clients.
- Scalability: Borland StarTeam is available in two editions, StarTeam Enterprise, for small to medium-sized software development teams, and StarTeam Enterprise Advantage, for large, geographically distributed development teams.
- Enterprise readiness: 64- bit Windows Server support means more addressable memory, which translates into better performance under load.