Visual Studio Team System Team Foundation Server
Microsoft Visual Studio Team System is an integrated Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) solution comprising tools, processes, and guidance to help all members of a development team improve their skills and work effectively together.
Visual Studio Team System 2008-2010 Team Foundation Server (TFS) helps your software development teams work better together while being more effective delivering solutions aligned with your business needs. Teams are empowered to do great work with services for version control, build, work item tracking, planning, and reporting integrated into a single, secure collaboration platform. Projects managed in Team Foundation Server benefit from integrated process workflows and guidance -- both custom-defined and industry-recognized best-practices -- to ensure predictable, successful results. Team Foundation Server was designed from the ground-up for performance and reliability, maximum customization and partner-integration, and minimal administrative overhead by leveraging existing technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server, Windows SharePoint Services and Internet Information Server.
- Gain better predictability and quality - Enable team members to continuously integrate and improve their work by automating builds, executing tests, and providing real-time performance and quality metric reporting throughout the development life cycle.
- Take control of your code - Take greater control of your code by getting the latest version on checkout, comparing branches, annotating code, and tracking your workspaces.
- Simplify administration, operations, and setup - Simplify project management across your organization through integrated Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007, easier setup, and support for more users.
- Version Control to manage change to project artefacts
- Work Item Tracking to communicate and manage work across the team
- Team Build to regularly integrate your team's work together
- Reporting and business intelligence on project status, performance, and quality metrics
- Customizable Process Templates to define your development process
- Integration with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project for project management
- Team Portal for team collaboration
- Source Control provides robust version control together with rules allowing you to control check in and ensure quality and process adherence
- Build Server provides automated build facilities ensuring that independent regular compiles can be conducted away from local machines meaning that quality issues are detected at an early stage in the process
- Allows code and builds to be linked to a project plan providing powerful project tracking and progress against plan reporting
- Linking provides a link between artefacts such as builds, source code, work items and project plan providing full traceability and visibility of the impact of actions during the development process
- Reporting allows all data captured and recorded in the data warehouse to be mined and reported in a flexible customised manner
- Integrates natively with Visual Studio and Microsoft .NET technologies however using the MSSCCI provider can also support legacy Microsoft technology and non Microsoft technologies such as Java and Unix
- The use of Microsoft One Click technology can provide rollout consistency across servers and environments removing the chaos that can be associated with deployment
Dunstan Thomas TFS consulting services
As Microsoft Silver ISV & ALM Partners, Dunstan Thomas provides extensive consulting services for TFS, for more visit the Team Foundation Server page.
Contact Dunstan Thomas or ring 023 9282 2254 to discuss how we can help you with your testing.